Fostering London Apply to Foster Children
Fostering London Children.
There are over eighty Independent Fostering Agencies and Local Authorities and Trusts providing fostering and adoption services across London and applying to the most suitable Agency is one the most important decisions for anyone pursuing a fostering career.
Becoming a foster carer can be a short experience or a life long career, it’s usually up to you. Getting the right help and support at the beginning will set you on the right path to success. That’s where we are here to help…
We are not a fostering agency, we are here to provide you with the information and support needed to find the best fostering agency for you and your family. We are completely independent and have a team of qualified social workers for you to work with. Our services are free of charge.
Find out about how to apply to become a foster carer, and the different types of fostering to choose from.
There are over two thousand London vacancies for foster carers. Almost a third of all UK foster carers live in and around London. Foster carers can receive a minimum of £450 a week to foster a child. If you have the right qualities, there are vacancies in your area – GUARANTEED!
Becoming a foster carer
Anyone can apply to be a London foster carer, so long as they have the qualities needed to look after children who cannot live with their parents. There is no maximum age limit for being a foster carer.
Who can apply?
You can apply to be a London foster carer:
- whether you have your own children or not
- if you are single, married or living with a partner
- if you are in or out of work
- whether you live in your own home or rent
- if you have a spare bedroom
- whatever your race, religion or sexuality
Other factors to consider
Other factors which will be taken into account will include:
- Health – are you fit and able to foster for now and the foreseeable future?
- Finances – can you afford to foster?
- Home – is it safe for a child or young person?
- Friends and family – are there people who can support you to foster?
- Past – whether you have lived abroad and any previous convictions.
- Experience with children and young people – through family, work, or volunteering.
Which London Fostering Agency?
All agencies will say their support is brilliant. But in reality what does this mean? Support is about you being given the knowledge to be a skilful and confident carer who provides the best care and enjoys being a foster carer.
Support is about being in touch with you on a regular basis, both by phone and visits to your home to discuss any concerns and for you to be able to get extra support if necessary.
All agencies will claim to deliver 24 hour support, seven days a week, 365 days per year. In extreme circumstance are they able to get support out to you quickly?
You need to be confident that they are able to deliver what they say they can provide.
Typical Agency Foster Carer Support Package:
- Constant support whatever the time or day.
- Suitable financial rewards
- Special event and birthday allowances
- Membership of FosterTalk
- At least weekly visits with your Agency social worker
- Agency staff stability for continuity of service
- Knowledge of local resources and services
- Monthly support groups to develop links
- Skills training in key aspects of fostering
Contact us to help you to make the right choice of Fostering Agency.
More than 65,000 children live with foster families across the UK. The Fostering Network charity estimates that England needs to recruit a further 7,220 foster families, Northern Ireland 250, Scotland 580, Wales 550 foster families.
Apply to Foster
Without enough foster families some children will have to live a long way from their family, school, and friends, being split up from brothers and sisters, or being placed with a foster carer without the skills and experience to meet their specific needs.
Hopefully you will decide to take the next step and if so, we at London Fostering would like to thank you for thinking about becoming a foster carer and helping the most vulnerable children in our society.
We value all foster carers and people interested in caring for children in need, you are special people.
Get fostering right first time by using our free fostering agency matching service.